About Intelligent Women Only
Intelligentwomenonly.com is about psychology and thinking, about women and men, similarities and differences in the (post?) recession culture. It’s about the newest research findings that guide us toward getting smarter, healthier in the head, and less stressed.
This web site is for women who are confident about being smart, intellectually curious, and eager to acquire and share knowledge and skills. I’m hoping you’ll be interested in interacting with other smart readers on the hundreds of topics of interest to our readers.
- Why do women still make less money than men, from beginning to end of careers?
- Is intuitive thinking better or worse than rational thinking for problem-solving?
- What are evidence-based ways to increase brain efficiency and health?
- Is negative self-talk a demon or a motivator?
- What’s the real story about forming and breaking habits?
- Is realistic thinking instead of positive thinking the right way to go?
- Gender differences; do they matter?
- What can psychological distancing do for stress management?
- How can we improve our emotional regulation while keeping our valued emotionality?
- Is the term “mental disorder” soon to be described instead as “brain disorder?”
- Does that word change destigmatize anxiety and depression and increase options for cure?
Occasionally the blog drifts into good movies and books, sex, culture, and politics, but mostly we stick with writing about increasing knowledge and enhancing thinking — productively, efficiently, realistically. We know that smart readers can contribute significantly to each other and intelligentwomenonly.com: adding opinions and facts, agreeing, challenging, contesting, and maybe even booing and hissing.
Subscribe. Dig in. Engage. Discuss. Take a risk. Action creates change.